About the Digital Collections
The Digital Collections is a searchable database of digital images and files from the Kentucky Historical Society's collections. Things we think you should know:
- Digital Collections includes digital images of print, archival, graphic, audio and video files, as well as resource materials to aid in your research.
- Digital Collections contains digital files and information for only a small fraction of the Society's collections. Additional materials are continually added.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that information in the Digital Collections database is accurate, information on this website must not be regarded as definitive or published. Information provided is dynamic and will be continually updated. If you have information about materials found in this database, please contact KHS staff to see if this information can be added to the record.
- Information, images, audio, and videos in the Digital Collections are for research and personal use only. If an image from Digital Collections is to be used for a school paper or project where only a single copy will be produced, you may copy the image from the website and use it without charge, but please use the following credit line: Courtesy, Kentucky Historical Society, [ID Number]. For all other uses, please refer to the Society's Conditions of Use.
- Digital Collections does not include bibliographic records for all the Society's library and archival collections. Please go to the Society's Library Collections catalog to search for those materials. Digital Collections does not contain information on all the three-dimensional objects in our collections. Please contact staff if you are unable to find information on items you believe to be in our collections.
- Researchers interested in viewing any of the Society's three-dimensional objects in person should contact KHS staff to arrange an appointment.
Tips for searching KHS Digital Collections Online
- We have tried to make the basic search page as "Google" as possible, thus the basic search is a keyword search that will retrieve the search term wherever it appears in the record.
- Bolean or more complex searches can be performed using the Advanced Search function.
- If a search yields no results, try entering fewer words.
- Do not use abbreviations (enter "Saint", not "St.").